MLHS New Student Library/Technology Information
- Login using your 05 id number and your password is your birth date; all the digits.
- Make sure you have a signed Chromebook Agreement form on file with the library. Also, make sure your technology fee has been paid with Ms. Darci in the main office.
- Damages or something not working right? Come to the library with your Chromebook and we will see if we or the technology department can fix it. Remember once you have your technology fee paid you get two free repairs for accidental damages not intentional damages.
- Printing; you can print school related materials to the library copy machine. It comes up as HS-LIBRARY-BIZHUB423. *Remember this printer is only for school related homework or projects.
- If you forget your Chromebook or the battery isn’t charged the library has “Loaner Chromebooks” these are available for a one-day checkout.
We use Sora, you can get free ebooks and audiobooks from your school! No returning… no losing and no fines!
Step 1. Install the Sora app from the Apple App Store, or go to soraapp.com.
Step 2. In Sora, find Medical Lake High School then sign in. To sign in all you need is five letters of your last name, three letters of your first name and then three zero’s. Example: Smith, John User Name:smithjoh000
Password is your birthday: Example: 01/06/2020 Password will be 01062020
Step 3. Browse the Explore tab and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
Step 4. Close the book and go to your shelf to see all your books. From there, you can:
- Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
- Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
Other Library Information:
- Book checkout; you can check out up to 5 books for two-week periods.
- You can work in the library if your teacher allows it and the library isn’t busy. You will need to bring a note from your teacher and sign in and out.
- The library is open most days for lunch so if you need a book or need to print come then.
- Our regular hours are 7:30-2:30.
Any other questions come see us!
Your librarians are:
Mrs. Hester (periods 1-3)
Mrs. Carl (periods 4-6)