This is just another reminder that the Medical Lake Dollars for Scholars application deadline is coming up in less than 2 weeks (February 28th). Your student should be completing their profiles and communicating with the individuals they want to put down as references, ASAP.
If your student is having trouble with their application, please have them see me. I am happy to have them log-in and work with them. Here are some things to remember:
1) Your profile needs to be 100% complete (all the tabs on the side turn green), in order for the list of scholarships to appear. Your references DO NOT have to complete their recommendations in order for this to happen. If one of the bars in not turning green, chances are you have missed a question; it is very particular.
2) Once you are complete with your profile, you will need to click on “My Scholarships.” In the top, right hand corner, your student should see a box in red letters that says “References.” You will need to enter additional references at this point, in order for your scholarships to appear. If you don’t have two more people that know you well, I would recommend putting the name of your first reference down again. This just means they will get 2 email requests, but it is not a problem.
3) Please remember, teachers are busy, so giving them 2 weeks notice is polite (which would have been 2 days ago), and asking them prior to sending the email is also a good idea. Don’t forget that you can ask employers, community members, coaches, etc. as well.
4) Once your list of scholarships appear, you must hit the “apply,” button for each one. You haven’t truly applied until you do this last step. Some scholarships will have a couple more questions to answer at this point.
5) If a list of scholarships is not populating, it may be that you need to go back and input that you live in the Medical Lake School District. Even if you are a choice student, and live out of district, you must put Medical Lake School District down in order for the scholarships to appear.
Let me know if you have questions and thanks!